Friday, April 29, 2016

Tampa, FL: 4 Weeks Out




             This is me, Bex                                        This is Neville


                                       And this is soon to be our home


Four weeks from today we begin our journey to explore the good ole U. S. of A.  I have dreamed of driving across the States for longer than I can remember and I am at a point in my life where nothing is holding me back. Many big changes are happening quickly: quitting my steady job, buying and learning how to work a travel trailer, upgrading to a bigger car, and putting my house up, to name a few. It is nerve wracking at times, but the excitement for what lies ahead overpowers my anxiety. And a backup plan (or two) never hurts. 

When people hear of my plan the first reaction is normally disbelief. You're what?! ALONE? For how long? Did you win the lottery? But what about... and the questions continue. To take a page out of my fellow travel-loving soulsister Roni's book blog (http://bezziewrites.blogspot.com), I will answer the most asked questions here. 


You're what?! Selling everything and driving across the United States. Yes, seriously. Nope, not kidding. Nor crazy. 

Alone? Not really.. I have Neville! And many cities I am going to I have a friend (or friend of a friend) there and I love to have visitors! A couple of brave family members and friends have already made plans to join me in a certain destination. 

For how long? This depends on a lot, but hopefully the remainder of this year. One of my BFF's is getting hitched in Hawaii at the end of the year and I hear it would be hard to tow a camper down there. I don't know what my long term plan is, but I know things will fall into place. 

Lottery? I'd probably have better chances of winning if I began to play. I have planned for this trip for over a year and done much research on ways to travel efficiently. And again, backup plans. 

Aren't you scared? A little, I think it would be unrealistic not to be. But not scared enough to not give it a try. Reminds me of the Erin Hanson quote: "What if I fall? Oh, but my Darling, what if you fly?"

That's all for now. Ask any other questions that come to mind in the comments and I will answer them as I go. Travel happy, friends.




Please feel free to follow me and share this blog with any open minded, free spirited, fun loving, traveling fools you know. Create a sign in for blogspot using a Gmail account (it's a quick, painless process- Mom, I'm talking to you). To follow, go to your dashboard, click add, and paste this link: http://wheresbex.blogspot.com. I actively use Instagram (@wheresbex) and posts relating to the adventures of myself and Neville can be found searching #rebelle16


12 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! This is going to be an awfully big adventure! Also, excited to visit you on the road! ❤️ Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock soul-sister! We'll keep each other company on our solo journeys! And I'll see you in Colorado. And now you've inspired me to update my Instagram. Damn we're good influences on each other. ;) Keep writing. Happy Trails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't wait for both of us! It will be fun to meet up and share stories. Hooray!

      Delete
  3. Funny enough I had none of these questions or concerns when you told me about this. You are one tough, smart, and saavy bitch. You'll make it work, and if it gets difficult or rocky or tumultuous, you'll figure it out. I've known you most of my whole life and I've never seen you fail at something you really put your head and heart into, and be left floundering. If an endeavor has failed you've always gotten right back up, dusted yourself off, held your head high, and kept pushing forward. But if you do get lonely and want some company I'm happy to fly out to wherever the hell you may be.

    Love the blog idea! Can't wait to stalk you all fancy like with electronics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is that! I am so happy for you! I wish you well and look forward to reading your BLOG! Please take and share a million pictures! Much LOVE always! <3 Call Me if you ever need help anywhere as I have friends from the NAVY E V E R Y W H E R E! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swoanee! You know I'll be in touch :)

      Delete
  5. Safe travels Bex and God bless!

    Uncle Ronnie

    ReplyDelete